Friday, April 26, 2013

Pigs-in-Pigs (lil smokey's wrapped in bacon)

My friend decided to have a little pre-game-nosh party before hitting the bars on her birthday. I was tasked to make pigs-in-a-blanket. A relatively easy task if you buy the right kind of dough -- aka the sheet kind not the pre-cut kind. But that is NOT what this post is about.

So, my friend is allergic to gluten, in addition to pigs-in-a-blanket I made pigs wrapped in bacon, or pigs-in-pigs as I like to call them. They smelled amazing, and were a hit!

Ingredients
-Bacon
-Lil Smokey's

1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
2. Cut the bacon into thirds
3. Begin wrapping the lil smokies
4. Place on cookie sheet
5. Bake for 10 minutes, or until bacon looks good! mmmmmmm

Lesson's learned:
-Use a tooth pick to keep the bacon from unrolling
-Bake them on a cookie rack so the fat will drip off


FYI, it tasted just as good as it sounds :)

No comments:

Post a Comment